Saturday, November 3, 2007

Day sixty one - Friday

We didn't do any shows today. We started our day by going to a local church Christmas sale. Ann bought a few things but I couldn't find a tool or sporting goods department. I did find an old Les McCann album.

We lunched at a fancy Mexican restaurant - Le Taco Bell!

During the afternoon I fished Lake Taneycomo one last time. I hit the water at about 3:30. This spot I've been fishing is right by a fish hatchery. When I stand in about three feet of water I see Rainbow Trout hovering around my feet. Every time I move my feet the trout rush in to eat whatever I stir up. Some of these trout were 18 inches.

I fished scud pattern again and did a little better. I followed Geoff Malloway's advice and caught bigger fish. However, I still couldn't entice a big Brown Trout. I caught six Rainbows up to 18 inches. The first three were on the scud pattern and the other three were on an egg pattern that a local gave me. Billy Hunt is the father of a local guide. He gave me the egg fly and some advice. It worked. If anybody is coming here to fish, check out http://www.taneycomotrout.com/. It's a very good website with lots of useful, local information. I wish I'd found this before I fished the river.

After fishing Ann and I went to the Grand Country Buffet for dinner. Pretty good. It was a lot better than Dockers and cheaper too.

Tomorrow we head south to New Orleans. We've covered over 5000 miles so far. From here to home will be at least another 3000 miles.

No comments: